Monday, April 7, 2008

How Life Keeps Us Grounded

We did a huge, huge publicity push for my premed information program. I had a spot on NPR radio, a mention in the Courier, a profile on PopCity and a two page spread in the Pitt Chronicle. The buzz was terrific. I bought a few new outfits over the weekend so I would look more like an executive staffer, but with a "feminine flair". Today I'm wearing a black and white patterned tulip skirt with a silk cardigan that has a near, but not quite total match of pattern on the button lining. Got my hair done on Friday; dropped a couple of pounds. I'm thinking I'm ON A ROLL!!

I started to feel a little squishy this morning - Mother Nature paying a visit after being MIA last month, leaving raging hot flashes in her place. So, I went to the bathroom to check my business. I pulled everything together expeditiously and left the ladies room feeling well put together.

I returned to my desk, swept my skirt under me as I prepared to sit. It was only then that I realized that one of the "petals" of my tulip skirt was firmly tucked into the rear of my pantyhose. I have no idea who in Nursing Education and Research was the recipient of the sight of my waning moon.

God has a way of bringing us back to reality, doesn't he...?

No comments: